Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Mad About Victoria"



I had long thought that the 1960's Kinks song "Victoria" was about the city in British Columbia, mainly because the only lyrics I understood were "I was born, lucky me, in a land that I love..." and "...mad about Victoria, mad about Victoria...". I Google'd the song the other day and found out otherwise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victoria_(song))....but I digress...

We took an express passenger ferry from Port Angeles Washington to Victoria on Wednesday and found a lovely, lovely city with many public gardens and year-round mild weather. It rests at the southern end of 300 mile-long Vancouver Island (not to be confused with the city of Vancouver), an island we decided we'll have to come back to visit more of some day.



No comments:

Post a Comment